It has been a crazy week with CCE, home repairs, meetings, orchestra rehearsals and finally a day off that I am spending going to the dentist, to the doctor for my 'well-woman exam' and to the eye doctor for an exam and new glasses.
I am starting back on my antidepressants, because everyone annoys me and I don't like the person I am becoming. I have been reading a book on saints and am amazed at how much crap some of them took and still managed to share God's loving grace with people around them. I am copping the easy way and using chemicals to moderate my 'dark soul' moments.
I really enjoyed reading about St. Jerome and his rants and raves to those around him for their stupid behavior. I was reading and thinking, "This sounds like my kind of guy! Just tell them what you think and move on." And although this doesn't sound like saintly behavior, it was apparently enough grief to motivate those he was serving to repent and follow God's messenger, the grumpy and irritable St. Jerome!

Lorenzo Lotto 1480-1557 The Penitent Saint Jerome
1513-15
59x40cm
oil on panel
Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniel
I am not going to rely solely on my persistent prayers to gain a good mood, I am taking God's freely given gift of chemicals to moderate my emotions.
Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, I'll be cheery, well maybe not cheery, but more positive than I am right now. And you all can stand to be in my morose company.
1 comment:
SOmetimes we need all the help we can get. I think you are wonderful Joan!
Post a Comment