Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting Older and Wider

I have never been thin. I will never be thin.

But, I can be healthier. So in that frame of mind and with the ever self-conscious behind me, I am looking for a program that will motivate me to move. Because, really, I eat healthy. I just don't move, exercise, grove, shake it, whatever you choose to call it, I do not do it.

So I began looking at what is out there to motivate me to move.

Quick Weight Loss Centers just opened in the neighborhood, and I just have this ting about paying someone to tell me what I already know and they do not really look at exercise as a full component of weight loss.

Weight Watchers is there, along with Jenny Craig and many others, but really they are telling me what I know.

What has really appealed to me is the Jillian Micheals' site. She has EXERCISES and it seems as if the information is based on the real world not the Biggest Loser mentality of exercising 4-6 hours a day. The cost is a easy $4 a week billed in quarterly increments.

Many of you have done this weight loss stuff with different providers, your thoughts?

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You said it - They are telling us everything we already know. Both Jenny Craig and WW focus on the exercise part of weight loss. The problem isn't with the program, it's with the person. I'm right there with you. I've GOT to get better! One of the things I really like about WW and JC is that they encourage you to do even as little as 10 minutes a day of stretching or walking the dog or cleaning. Just keep adding a little bit here and there. It's not like you have to go run a marathon. JM is also good, but I found her site more difficult to use. Let me know what you think. Slim Fast also has a website that incorporates exercise and so does FullBar. Girl, I've done it all.

Mom said...

I would not recommend Quick Weight Loss as you have to take their supplements (who knows what is in them). You also need to cook special meals just for yourself in order to lose weigh. I also tried the doctor in the woodlands and he puts you on medication. With my thyroid problem, I am afraid to use either of these. I do use Curves and find that it is only a half hour and I would do this on my way home before I could relax. If I came home first, I would not be motivated to go after coming home first.