My feet hurt. Yes, it is getting older but also the weight I am carrying. But on the other hand I was in orthopedic shoes through 11th grade. Plus, I have been using orthotics since before Amy was born.
So when my orthotics started making my feet hurt more, I knew it was time to reinvest in a new pair. Back to the orthopedist. I got new orthotics and they feel great! This is wonderful for the working nurse but what about the casual person who wants to not have to wear shoes that accomodate an orthotic?
I have despaired about finding sandals for the arch challenged feet that I have. I will get a pair of sandals and then have to switch to more supportive shoes that I can wear my orthotics with. Totally unsatisfying for cool feet in the summer. So going with the recommendation of the podiatrist, we meandered over to "All About Feet". At first we were stunned by the prices. Some shoes ran up to $335. No they weren't Jimmy Choo's (is that right?). Then as we looked at the quality of the shoes and how long they lasted. Even if wearing them daily, the price was justified - not quite $335 worth - but even $250 seemed reasonable when the shoes will last up to 5-10 years. Seriously, The shoes have replaceable shoe insoles and so the shoe lasts longer. The insoles are @ $40. How often have you bought a shoe and then can't wear it because it hurts so bad? I know I've bought more than $250 dollars worth.
So I splurged and I have a pair of sandals made by FinnComfort. These are the best shoes I have had since I stopped wearing orthopedic shoes. Really!
They also carry Dansko clogs which are primo for nurses. I'll be shopping here again.

1 comment:
I'm so sorry for your feet. Cute shoes are so much fun. Yes, it's Jimmy Choo's - no I don't own a pair.
Post a Comment