Friday, February 11, 2011

Wonnerfulla, Wonnerfulla

First, let me apologize for not keeping up with this like my sister.

Second. let me say I know some very special people. I meet with them monthly. They are smart, funny, realistic and they get me.

They get that I am a bit controlling and that I like to know the answers. They don't mind when I take over at meetings or projects. They let me be me and let me shine. The thing is that they are all just as wonderful as they tell me I am.

The accomplishments of these ladies is nothing short of miraculous. They have taken care of their families and managed to pursue a career in an emotional washing machine. They have obtained degrees of my dreams as masters and doctors of NURSING. I learn so much from these fantastic people. I am a fan.

I love my career choice. I have been blessed to be able to take my job all over and never fear for unemployment. I really do not know what I would do if I couldn't be a nurse. My family should have realized when I stuck that thermometer up the baby doll's butt when I was 4 or 5.

These nurses also know when to tell me to shut up and when to laugh at me and with me. They are forgiving when I come to a meeting half asleep. They hold my hand when I am sad and they are always there. Really - I could call any one of them right now and they would take the call.

I am so lucky to have these people in my life.


Thank you to the WOW-West Houston Oncology Chapter.

You keep me sane and smiling.

No comments: