How sad am I that I am on vacation and I miss having the teenagers here?
It is great on the one hand that my time is my time and I can do what I want around the schedule of driving then to and from summer school. But on the other hand I really like my kids, yes, even when they fight. They are two amazing and articulate (sometimes to articulate) people.
I will get to spend my time next week harping on them to get up out of bed and do something. Both will hear about playing their instruments and cleaning the house, and filling in their timecards. Yes, they have timecards. It is a way to get them to take responsibility for their chores and get paid for it. But my two have lost many funds due to their lack of monetary ambition and failure to fill out their timecards.
Maybe we will go swimming on my off days. And we want to go to San Antonio to see the God-parents and Fr. Dolan. Got to get planning on that one.
I like the quiet - I need to focus on the quiet because when the teenagers are here is is NOT quiet.
I still miss them.
2 comments:
Where are they?
They are at summer school from 7am -3pm every day. Last day tomorrow.
Post a Comment