Please forgive me, Mom, for I was a horrible teenager. I bow to the master of teenagers and keeping your sanity.
I really thought that Amy would not have issues - but I was wrong. I'm sure I will continue to be wrong through the entire Senior year ahead.
First day home, she walks around in >100 degree temps (it was 78 inside) in her letter jacket. It is not something light, but rather a heavy wool felt with leather sleeves and all the patches on the arms and front and back. I really am a mother as I said, "You know if you sweat on that thing it will stink forever, and I can't afford to have it fumigated. TAKE IT OFF!"
If looks could kill I'd have died right there. The jacket stayed home today.
Then my son proceeds to tell me all about the bus and how someone he likes RIDES the bus and he was so surprised and thrilled. It is his story to tell, hound him for more information. He thinks that freshman are obnoxious, and that he should have a second violin so that he does not have to carry his violin back and forth to school each day. Fashion man wants a $100 jacket and I refused to buy it. I told him he needed to come up with the money on his own, his tastes are too rich for me.
School supplies are killing my bank account - when did a one subject spiral jump to $4.79?? And a binder to $8-$10 each??
My relief? - It is so quiet here and the white kitty is all over me looking for attention. Sleep will be good with no noise in the background.
3 comments:
Too funny.
I agree. The price of binders is ridiculous. As for teenagers, well I don't understand them.
I agree as well. I had to buy special card stock available at only one store and it cost $14!
Post a Comment