Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cartoons and References

I remember watching Loony Toons when I was growing up they had Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Sylvester and Tweety. And they had a couple of character cats, one was kinda' big and not the sharpest knife in the drawer. And he and his friend, George, would be looking for food , mice, and they would always mess up. The mice would race by and the big cat would always ask the smart cat, "Where did they go, George? Where did they go?"

Even my kids know this reference but I guess if you don't hang with the old farts this reference is lost.

The reference of 6:15 am was the explanation that my daughter would rather get up butt-ugly early to ride with her significant other than sleep in and ride a bus. Phillip had an early meeting and came by to pick up his girl. Sigh, what can you do but explain that parents freak out when a child has disappeared before the alarm clock goes off. I don't think I had much impact as she looked at me like I was coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.

Roman Missal class tonight - should be interesting to hear the new Mass prayers that take us back to the true Latin translation. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am excited, but then I am an old Catholic.

1 comment: