My most embarrassing moment - this is just the one that I can't forget. I know I've done lots of other bloopers, but this one sticks with me.
I had just moved to Texas and was with some new friends at the high school where I was in my senior year (I looked so young no one believed I was a senior) and we were talking about how stupid people can be. And I blurted out, "Yeah, people can be such twats!" really meaning twits but I was too stupid to even realize I had goofed up. One of my sweet friends took me aside after everyone had just stopped and stared at me after I said that, and asked if I knew what I had said. I asked her why was she asking me that and she then told me what a twat was and I just about died right there. I went back to the group and apologized with the excuse - "Yup, I am a stupid Yankee" Maybe that's why I don't keep up with any one from Victoria HS. How do you ever live that one down?
1 comment:
Soooo Funny! Okay, I didn't know that was a bad word either - so I think we must have picked that up from Mom somehow. I said that in high school and had a very similar experience. We should ask Mom if she ever uses that word! Chuck recently informed Mom what "shot your wad" means and she was horribly embarrassed because she uses that phrase all the time!
Post a Comment