Thursday, April 16, 2009

Little Foibles

I messed up big time this morning. My husband thinks it is a bad omen for his job interview outcome. I was washing his glasses this morning and the right lense just broke right off. As you may has guessed, I was agast and he was using some choice language to describe his feelings. I did apologize and he said gently, "It's not your fault the glasses are crap."
He has been second guessung the interview since he left there yesterday. I just keep rubbing those Rosary beads and praying for a good outcome.
Then Colt went to put on his deodorant and the stick flew out across the room. Uh-oh, another bad omen (really now - a bad omen?!) I think it is really just time to get a new stick of deodorant. But my boys are convinced the world is out to get them.

Amy had to put the flea/tick/heartworm medicine on her cats yesterday. The white cat was just kind of "Okay, are you done? Whew!" and off he went. The little black cat was not so understanding and wiggled, hissed and coiled her body all over the place while we tried to quickly put the medicine on the back of her neck. It should prove to be interesting on one month when we do it again. I think I'll put on oven mitts to protect my tender skin from her irritated machinations.

And to top off the "Bad Omen" list, I have an ONS meeting tonight and will not be home to feed my dependants. They are going to have to make - **GASP*** pizza from the freezer. I figured Colt and Amy would rejoice to get junk food but the disappointment of no Mom overshadows that according to Colt and Vernon. Amy was not so verbose about how she was feeling this morning but the look was not a nice one.
I'll have to make it up to them and do some great dessert this weekend.

9 comments:

Theresa said...

lazy bums. they should be able to fend for themselves occasionally.

Sharon said...

Of course Vernon will be looking for anything to be a bad omen. It just happened to be his lens from his glasses. Doesn't he have an old pair he can use?

Joan said...

Of course, he has an old pair and he quickly pulled them out. It just kills me how everything can be applied to a negative viewpoint in his world.
And, they have no choice, they will have to fend for themselves tonight.

Mary said...

Hey - I found a book in Barnes and Noble for Vernon - Why Your Life Sucks : And What You Can Do About It. I am not kidding - it is a pretty good book. Here's the link: http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=When+your+life+sucks

Mary said...

I also like this one that came up under the same search criteria: Math Doesn't Suck : How to Survive Middle-School Math Without Losing Your Mind or Breaking a Nail

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Apparently I can't type today!! I'm POSITIVE Vernon did well in his interview!! When we talked at Mom's on Saturday, he was excited and sounded like he had some idea of what they were looking for and some key words to help seal the deal. I have to admit, I have HIGH expectations, but sometimes it's easier to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised when it's not as bad as you expected as opposed to the disappointing alternative. Maybe that's the tactic Vernon is taking.

Joan said...

Well, I hit him hard last night with the "you've got to stop looking at things so negatively!" And he agreed as his co-workers assurred him that no one would spend 60 minutes interviewing someone they didn't like.
We also talked about how his negativity can drag the whole household down.
He response was - "Why are you still here?"
I told him that he can't scare me, and it is not all the time just at certain times that the pessimist factor is really a downer. Surprisingly, he took that information calmly and digested it by agreeing he need to work on separating work from home.
They made pizza last night and burned the heck out of it and then ate it anyway - my own little dysfunctionals:-)

Thnak you all for your comments - I love them ALL!