Today is the first day of Advent.
We went to 7AM mass so that we could be at home for PawPaw, who drove out here for a meal. He is watching the Texans game while to food cooks.
Father Sean challenged us to find a situation where we can grow during this season of preparation.
Amazing how the Lord finds just how to get me focused on what is important. I am not going to get a raise. Not now and if I do get one in 6 months when I am re-evaluated it will not be retroactive. Nope, not even going to bring me up to the first quartile of pay for my position. Needless to say, I was pissed and disappointed.
But now what to do? I have put in an application for the Methodist Oncology unit. That position will start interviewing in December and the position starts in March. I am looking at what else it out there.
And most importantly, I am leaving the angst and worry to God. It is really hard, to stop thinking about how the perceptions of me as a hard-ass got out there. I mean I know there are people I don't like to work with but I have always been courteous. Not happy, "how are ya'" in your face joyfulness but pleasant and cooperative.
I keep finding myself searching for that moment where I let my emotions go overboard when I was at memorial City and cannot locate one item. So frustrating to be held to a perception you didn't even know about.
I am going o really apply myself to the image that they want. For me to be 'engaged' with the administrative staff. I am going to take the classes on communication. I wall bend over backward to be friendly and personable. And I will try to do it knowing God and my family loves me and that this is just a small moment in the world. Remind myself that it could be worse and be grateful for the many blessing that I do have in my life.
I think that this is an opportune moment to work on those things that can bring us closer to finding God's will in the world.
Where will you grow towards God this Advent Season?
5 comments:
Bummer. We all have troubled times. Remember to be grateful that you have a job. So many people are losing their jobs right now. I can think of four right off hand, including my very own husband. We were blessed to have a new job waiting for him, but we realize how uncommon that situation is. Hang in there. You're a jewel!
I've been thinking about my Advent commitment, and I can't seem to think of anything that seems fitting - not that there aren't a TON of ways I could or should get closer to The Man Upstairs. Let me know if you have any thoughts.
Don't forget I love you too!!!!
Hey Joan - seems like we are all back to WWJD moments - not that I ever really focused on that a great deal - but it is sometimes fitting to help me through a time that seems unfair. My Advent commitmemtn is to just talk more about God and Jesus and the good in the world over the Advent season.
I found my Advent commitment! Our church sent us a blue book in the mail. Did you get one? It has a six minute study for each day of Advent and Christmas. I LOVE it. It isn't time consuming and it really allows me to focus on the purpose of the season. Thanks to the Catholic church!
Post a Comment