Today is Amy's Solo and ensemble contest. She will be playing a duet with her friend Arryn (Erin).
It is a difficult piece written by a 17th century composer Georg Tellmann. It is Canonic Sonata #2. One person starts and then the second person starts playing the exact same music just some many measures behind. They both finish the piece together. Both are looking at the same music sheet at the same time.
Amy and Arryn have been working on this A LOT! and during this same practice period of 4 week, Arryn passed kidney stones - five of them. And still managed to get herself and the selection of music prepared for contest.
Although I would love to be in there but I am worried I would be a distraction to the artists by them just knowing I was there. My spouse, however, has no such qualms and wants to go in the Amy and Arryn to hear them play. We will see.
Then after contest - Amy has tons, I mean TONS of homework. She is diligently working on it now.
I don't remember having so much homework. But then again, it has been a while since I was in the 10th grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment