This will be quite a change but one we hope is for the good. I will be working THREE 12 hour shifts a week from 7PM-7AM.
That is right folks! NIGHTS!
I will be on orientation for one week on days then move to the floor for 12 hours orientation shifts on day for one week then to nights.
This kind of schedule allows me more time at home and availability to the kids during the day. It will cut into weekends and holidays but as the kids are getting older I do not need to be completely at their beck and call.
This change also increases my income to help cover other changes in our income level.
I am so sorry to be leaving some of my wonderful patients but I feel confident that they will continue to receive excellent care at Texas Oncology.
What other benefits will occur?
My vampire look will return if I maintain my disdain of the sun.
I will look sleepy at 10 am.
Hopefully, I can exercise.
If needed I can be there for Mom and PawPaw.
I can pick up the kids from school without leaving work early.
A home-cooked dinner will be ready every night (or at least that is the plan).
4 comments:
Congratulations and good for you! I hope you enjoy your new job.
I know that this is the best thing for you and your family. Glad to see you out of Texas Oncology.
Congratulations! I am really happy for you. I am sure there will be an adjustment period - but so glad you have made a change!
Geez. I would love to work 3 days a week. That sounds lovely.
Post a Comment