Monday, June 28, 2010

Still Alive

Recall how about 3 weeks go we learned that Minnie had liver cancer?


Amazingly, she is doing well. Her tummy is still firm and she does not like you touching her tummy but since she seems to be doing okay, I backed off the pain meds.

AND..

It is like she perked up. She is back to her old tricks of herding the cats out of her territory. She herds Kane to go outside in the morning and when we return to the house.

I am still spoiling her with rice and chicken meals.

The odd thing is she stinks. Like "wet dog' when she goes outside even for a minute and is back inside the smell is awful. I keep watching for jaundice with the liver dysfunction.

Colt asks if she is still alive when he calls.

Do you think she is waiting for him to come home?

It has me baffled since her liver function tests were so off the charts. I'm not complaining just commenting. I love having my little back shadow.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Poor girl.

Mom said...

I am glad she is doing so well. I forgot to ask about her yesterday and then you give an update today. Hopefully she waits until Colt gets back home.

Mary said...

I hope she waits until Colt is home as well. Enjoy these days. I love Minnie.