Thursday, December 2, 2010

Twisted

I woke up at 6 am to make sure Colt was up this morning, after only 3 hours of sleep.

Needless to say, I went right back to bed until 9 am.

Currently, I am up and will return to my warm cocoon at 1 pm to sleep another 4 hours before I am up at 5pm to get ready for work.

I've been off for 4 days and cannot seem to get to bed before 2 am. The mornings and early afternoon are sluggish as best. My eyes don't seem to function well even with glasses until noon and even better at 5 pm.

I had to get up at 6 am yesterday to take the kids to school with their formal uniforms for orchestra pictures and once I was up I was okay until about 10 am.

Probably, the saddest part of this is that my spouse insists on staying up with me, despite the fact he is often sound asleep in his recliner at 8 or 9 pm.

I am scheduled to work for the next 5 days straight, so sleep is mandated from 9 AM- 5PM daily. I'll resurface on Tuesday and Wednesday then work for two more days until a weekend off.

Like I said 'twisted' would be an apt decription of my wake-sleep cycle.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm sleepy right now.

Mary said...

I do feel for you. I have trouble adjusting to time zones - but at least that is only once in a while.