Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Whew!

The new year finds me running but in a good way.

As many of you know I worked A Lot during the holidays. Opportunities to make a bit extra to cover some bills, like the new AC unit and new refrigerator and freezer we had to get last year. It meant less time with the kids but made me feel a bit easier from a financial standpoint.

I am back to a more normal schedule and participated in our first confirmation retreat of the year at Camp Allen. Vernon, Amy and I were kitchen staff and it made for long days but it is oh so rewarding. We all pretty much pooped out Sunday on our return and it was hard to gear up and go teach CCE and then go to Mass and wait out while Colt had his CCE class. I slept WELL Sunday night.

I was back at work Monday and spent some time with my brother in law, who is recovering in the hospital. Came home and slept for 4 hours then out to my ONS meeting. I love seeing all those fantastic nurses who love oncology nursing. I also get to hear what is changing in the local job and Oncology market. Lots of moves by fellow nurses to Methodist. It is a great company and I just love working for them.

The nest two days finds me cleaning my house and relaxing before I am back on the weekend. Vernon and the kids are off to a 9th grade retreat at Camp Kappe. Vernon and Amy are team and will work and Colt is retreat attendee. I am praying for them all to have a blessed weekend. I am participating in making a medication form for the kids who have to take medicine over the weekend at the retreat. I was the first aid coordinator (the nurse gets to do pills and first aid) at last weekend's retreat and we were able to work out some kinks in the new policies we have instituted to make our retreat with our youth safer.

I am truly better when I have a plan. And currently my list is full of things to keep me busy. Including taking Amy driving today and tomorrow. ; -D

No comments: