I am happy for him. He is engaged and involved in a way I don't think I was in high school. But is it bad of me to complain that my son's social calendar seems way too busy?
Colt is involved in Orchestra - great but weekly sectionals seems a bit much.
Colt is in Key Club this year, they meet every other Wednesday after school and we don't know the volunteer events yet. I am sure there is something monthly, after all what is Key Club for?
Colt is in the Latin Club and in a position for an office - run-off are this week. The Latin Club meets every other Thursday.
Then we have tutoring, either before or after school, for those persons who need a little extra assistance or validation or social connections. I think it is a bit of all of those for Colt.
We have things at church he is active in; Altar Servers, Called By Name and now Wayfarers on the third Tuesday of each month, and Word on Wednesday, every Wednesday starting later this month.
We had to get on him last night for being a good citizen. Made me feel terrible. But he spends a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time helping other people with their homework. It is good but it puts him behind on doing his own homework and then he is up until 11pm trying to finish his stuff. Not cool. So we set a rule, no helping other people until your homework is finished.
Now what is bad is that his mother is usually asleep at the time he is finished at school. I think I really need to work on changing my sleeping time so that I can pick him up in the afternoon. Why did I not get him in driver's ed before he was a junior?
Last night we had to sit down with all of our schedules and plot out who can get the boy from school each day. I never had to do that with Amy. Or maybe I knew that Amy would take the initiative and get home from school and then take my car to go pick up her brother from his social events at school. I miss Amy:-(
Either way, I need to get him in driver's ed and then get him driving. And then Mr. Butterfly needs a vehicle.
*sigh* if only he had wings and could really fly.
1 comment:
I miss you too Momma :)
Post a Comment