It has been FOREVER since my last blog - I feel like I am going to confession, but much has changed since my last post.
I returned to college to obtain my BSN from University of Texas at Arlington (Go Mavericks!) in January of 2013 and a short 18 months later have graduated with my Magna Cum Laude BSN. I applied for and was promoted to RN III. I am still busy with work, ONS and Church.
While I was in school some things had to fall by the wayside and this was one of those things.
My spouse left his job at the Houston Aquarium and went to work full time at Hempstead ISD teaching math in 2013 and is still there waiting for at least one college tuition to be completed so he can refocus his energy to a area of his choosing and passion.
Amy is still a student at University of St. Thomas, now a Junior, studying biology and is working towards her entrance to Vet School in fall of 2015. She continues to volunteer at the SPCA and work part-time in addition to her schooling and social life with Phillip and her other friends.
Colt graduated high school in 2014 and is now a freshman at UH. He is dealing with some health issues that prevent him from driving but he has managed to make living on campus work for him. He has a supportive group of friends that make campus living a breeze.
The time in school left me smarter but heavier and I am working to lose that weight plus get healthier since I turned 50 this year. I was able to get off some medications - fewer medications is always a good thing. God has blessed me with the ability to go back to school with time and financial support from my employer. I can also now precept a nursing student and earn a $500 credit for one semester to apply to my children's tuition. One credit for each nursing student I precept. I love that ability to reduce the tuition burden we look at each month.
I am looking to go and get my masters degree but I want to stay at the bedside and share my knowledge with my patients and new nurses. The program for that focus is the Clinical Nurse Leader program. So far there is not one with a online program yet. Most are requiring hybrid online and in class presence. That is hard when the closest classroom is in Galveston. Maybe when one of the kids is off my dime th finances will also look better,
It has been a long 2 years and I hope to get Christmas cards out this year to all of our family and friends who have been a joy and blessing in our lives. I look at my life and see so many blessings that it is hard to count them all. I hope to keep up with this blog on maybe a monthly or weekly post. Let me know if you all want to hear about our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment