Friday, December 19, 2008

An Off Day

Today, I took a TOWP (time off with pay) day to kinda' ease back and prepare for the next week. The kids and Vernon are in school. Tried to donate blood but my hematocrit was only 36 so I got deferred. Then I hit the stores, to get my Mom presents and one of our name draws a present. I went ahead and got something for me, too.
Now I am home and getting ready to update the will as Vernon is going to have a heart cath on Monday. Nothing serious, we hope, but a baseline on the recommendation of the MD who can't really tell us what is happening to Vernon's heart. We got a call from one of Vernon's brothers whom we haven't seen since his mom's funeral 3 years ago. He was checking in to, I guess, say good luck or something, having been told by Vernon's Dad that Open Heart surgery was going to happen Monday. It was a WOW- random call.
Well, onward to the will re-write and the a Junior High semi-formal dance to night at the church - Won't that be fun!!

No comments: