
I am not sure how you all do what you do for days on end. Child events, soccer, dance class, theater, birthday parties, professional events, evening meetings, church, and family events.
I went to the Oncology Nursing Congress in San Antonio for 5 days, left Wednesday and came back Sunday. Once there in SA, I had 6am breakfast classes, then sessions from 8-12, lunch classes, back to more afternoon sessions and then dinner classes that ended at 8 but we sad silly nurses hung around talking til 10 or 11 or midnight to then straggle back to our hotels and begin again the next day at 6 am with another breakfast session. I really had a great time. I was able to see some wonderful people, most especially my nearest and dearest friends, Marilyn, Connie and Rose. A big thank you to those ladies for helping me keep my sanity all these years. You are my angels;-)
Once back home, I was desperately trying to do trip laundry, catch up on email and snail mail, sort through all the junk I brought back, catch up with my family and get my grocery list together. I fully intended to mosey on over to Mass at 5 pm but at 5:15 realized I had missed my window and knew my road to hell has another brick.
Monday, I was off and took Mom to the doctor to reassure my little worried mind that she did not have the H1N1 flu(she doesn't) and then stopped at my office to drop off all the junk from SA. Bad move, I got stuck with the new doctor going over what is EMR (electronic medical record). I left after 3 hours to then scramble to the grocery store and restock the house.
Amy was already home and helped bring in groceries that I then proceeded to put away. Then back on the computer to do more stuff for the new doc and work on ONS stuff for the monthly meeting on Tuesday evening. And let's not forget to cook dinner.
I guess the nap was a dream, a fantasy, and an illusion of great proportions.
I ended up realizing at 11 pm that I still had laundry to finish. I ended up in bed after midnight and then back up again at 5:45am on Tuesday.
I had to go in early to mix meds for the Woodlands office and get ready for SEVEN patients in my own office. That is the most I have EVER treated on one day on this particular office. I was trying to teach the new doc how to enter orders and introduce her to all the patients, the day was not as smooth as I had envisioned. Then at 5 PM, screeching off to Memorial City to the ONS meeting. Lovely dinner, great presentation and then back home at 9PM to basically kiss my kids goodnight, watch Vernon sleep in his recliner and then drag myself to bed after the 10pm news.
Did I ever function at this level before?
I was never the social butterfly and I love, that is LOVE, being at home.
I'll be spending my day today trying to get caught up to what should have been done yesterday.
And what do I want the most? a nap, just like most of you.
If any of you want to share your tortured life schedule, the lines are open.
First Caller??
4 comments:
Hey Joan its me Christy (Mobley) do you know anything about Dr.Baltz at the SE Texas Oncology Partners? email me at creefamily@comcast.net
Every day is like that for me sans housecleaning and cooking dinner.
I just work, work, work and try to talk with Richard and the kids every night around 10:30 PM London time. I liked it better when I was on a schedule like yours.
mine is wake up, school, homework, TV, bed. Over and over and over. BORING!!!!!
Post a Comment