I work full time - sometimes a bit more than full time. But on the weekend that is supposed to be time with your family to relax and enjoy each other's company I find I have a second job. The laundry, the grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, and whatever else may come up throughout the weekend.
This morning I was pet groomer, house cleaner (had to vacuum up all that hair and nails) and fabric iron-er. The fabric we purchased for the cloaks had to be pre-washed and then ironed for smoothness to place the patterns on. All that cloth took two hours to flatten out.
I also cooked eggs for the husband - not a big deal but on Saturday it is usually everybody fends for themselves.
I'm gathering the items for my grocery list and writing down what else needs to be gotten while I am out and about, like watch battery, kitty litter and CRAP! I just blanked out what else I was going to write.
Obviously, I've got too much going on right now. Dishwasher is running, washer is running, husband is in the shower and amazingly the TV is NOT on. And I still can't remember what I was going to put on my list - dang it!
Shout out to Cathy (retroactive to July 26) and Thomas (retroactive to yesterday) Happy Birthday!!!!!! I didn't forget your birthdays just forgot to tell you Happy Birthday on your special days - Hope you both had a wonderful day! <3
1 comment:
I know the feeling - hard to get a day off sometimes - but you need to take time for yourself somehow.
Post a Comment