Wednesday, September 2, 2009

After Work Timeline

6 pm - leave work and drive home. Talk to kids on the way home to make sure they are plowing through homework and haven't killed each other, inquire if the husband is home from school yet

6:30 arrive home and start working on dinner, put out dogs - They always have to pee when I walk through the door - even if they were just outside.

7:00 start dinner - the last 30 minutes were spent listening to the kids talk about what they did harmful to the world during their day as a teenager and looking at homework. Let the dogs back inside and feed them.

7:30 announce dinner is ready

7:40 announce dinner is ready

7:50 announce dinner is ready

8:00 eat dinner ad listen to the boy ramble on about some inane thing that happened in his world and then listen to a debate about the idiocy of what was just said between the husband and the son.

8:30 announce that the kitchen needs to be cleaned

8:40 announce the kitchen needs to be cleaned

8:50 announce the kitchen needs to be cleaned and give the evil eye to the teenagers

9:00 send the teenagers off to bed and remind them to wake up the husband for a kiss before they exit upstairs.

9:10 start my evening chores - email, mail, work, cleaning and if time, some recreational reading while reminding the husband to wake up and do what needs to be done until I go to bed at 11:00 pm.

11:00 attempt to wake the husband, kiss him good night and go to bed.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the fall colors! It's definitely that time of year. Maybe I'll put out some of my fall decor if I find time this weekend.

Mary said...

Wow! I am exhausted now.

Mary said...

Oh - and it really feels like fall now in London.