Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Exhaustion

If you haven't read Mother's post below, please do.

Even as I write this, my eyes are drooping. I can't take it anymore.

I'm tired of being tired.

You guys: Why are you so tired, Amy Dearest?

Me: Well, ever since homecoming, I've been really out of it. I actually think I might slowly be turning into Dad. :(

You guys: What do you propose to do about it?

Me: I tried to go to bed early last night, but to no avail. Here I am, typing away and feeling like a bump on a log. Why do they have to have school 5 days a week?

You guys: Maybe you should try to get some sleep again.

Me: I'm really planning on it. Like maybe when I get home today, get straight to the homework and take a nap. And then when Mother arrives and makes dinner, I'll eat, and then clean the kitchen and then back off to sleep. Only problem is, naps and I don't really cooperate.

You guys: What do you mean?

Me: My body doesn't know/understand the word "nap". It's very frustrating. Every time I've tried, it's like some demon thing is running around in my head with a wooden spoon and a big ol' pot, banging them together, screaming "IT'S DAY TIME!!! YOU CAN'T SLEEP!!! IT'S DAY TIME!!!"

You guys: That sucks.

Me: You have no idea. My exhaustion is actually getting to the point where I'm falling asleep in Orchestra, WHILE I'M PLAYING! I also think it's causing me to have thoughts about standing up in the middle of my English class to tell this annoying little pessimist to shut the fudge up (Of course, I won't be using those words) and then telling my teacher I don't give a flying fridge (again, not the exact words) if she writes me up. I'll either do it there or in Chemistry. If I do it in Chemistry, I'll tell Tony, and maybe he'll pipe in with a punch to the face.

You guys: OK. Calm down. It's only one child and you don't need to ruin your record of complete Goody-Two-Shoes Behavior.

Me: Yes, I know. But I'm blaming the tiredness. Even as I type this I'm staring at the keyboard as though it's someone else's hands doing this. I have no recollection of anything that happened yesterday, including whether I did my homework or not. This really sucks.

You guys: Sorry. Hey, I just noticed that even though you live in Texas, you always type "you guys" as being us instead of "ya'll".

Me: Yeah. You can thank Mother and her yankee-ness for that. I just feel uneducated saying ya'll or ain't. I don't care that they're in the dictionary, they aren't words.

You guys: Thanks for clearing that up, Amy.

Me: No problema.

You guys: Good luck with your sleeping issue.

Me: Thanks guys. And everyone have a good day! :D

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Perhaps you should see a doctor about that. It sounds like more than just being tired. What does your mom say about this. Could you have chronic fatigue? Hang in there.

Joan said...

Good Lord, Amy. You need to go to bed early. I am so sorry I made you get up to give you your package last night. I will reserve time for you to sleep tonight. I will be home and I will take care of the kitchen tonight.

The naps are a Kurzy thing. I can't nap during the day either, makes me feel guilty. Grandpa Tony was big into doing what you can when you can and I can't seem to get over that. You are NOT turning into your dad. That dance on Saturday just messed with your internal time clock.

And Grandma Sharon, I could be remembering Dad wrong - it just seemed like he wasn't into the kids taking naps although I do remember him taking naps alot.

Mom said...

I don't remember Grandpa Tony taking many naps. I, on the other hand, insisted that the kids take naps so I could take a nap. Even when you were elementary school age, if you were home, you had to rest or take a nap.

Amy said...

Thanks, momma. olive juice mucho!

Mary said...

I like naps - especially on the weekends. Richard is just like you though - it screws up his internal timeclock and he feels like he is wasting the day away. Don't worry - you will be back on track soon.

Theresa said...

I remember Dad taking a lot of naps. I love to take a nap during the day. I'm glad you're feeling better this morning.