Dad and homework do not make a happy weekend.
Dad was already mad about my grade in WHAP. Now he's upset because I managed 1470 texts since September 22. He's also upset because of the whole breaker thing in his bedroom.
I've basically spent the last three days doing homework. The real fun part has been reading The Silence of the Lambs. I only started it today at 10:30 and am already on page 131. It's fascinatingly gross and cool simultaneously and I love it.
I'm caught up in WHAP. My math homework is done. I finished my Health PowerPoint. The only thing I haven't done is my Lab Report for Chemistry, but that isn't due until Thursday, so I'm not fretting about it at the moment.
I think Dad needs some happy pills. Or juice. Or SOMETHING. I'm afraid I'm going to end up hitting him and getting grounded for it. He's so negative and I think it might have something to do with the weather. Or him not getting sleep. He's frustrating me beyond control. I feel like I've accomplished a lot this weekend, but he still seems demanding. I know some of you are bored with my tales of Dad, so I'm going to move on to other things that frustrate me, sticking to the title.
I agree with Ms. Schaefer that it's outrageous how much people read. Mother and I are exceptional exceptions. We are both engrossed in Thomas Harris right now. Ms. Schaefer says that more than fifty percent of America doesn't pick up a book after college or high school. My only question is HOW CAN YOU NOT???!??!! They're so wonderful. Even my friends that don't read at all still have their favorite authors and they read occasionally. But to not read at all? I'm now afraid that Fahrenheit 451 might come true and that truly scares me.
OK. If any of you have been to a renaissance festival, you've seen those people that are obvious freaks of nature judging by their attire. You know, the people that have seven piercings on their lips or the weirdest outfits on the planets. My issue is that these people then wonder why people stare at them. WHAT?!?!?! I think if you want to get into that lifestyle, you have to be comfortable with people staring at you like you're a maniac.
I would post other things, but, of course, I have dishes to wash. Maybe you guys can post comments about things that frustrate or confuse you, too. We could have a CONFUSION FEST!!!
Haha! BYE!!!
2 comments:
ummm i get frustrated when my dad does the impression of the guy with the low voice in that showw ugh what is it anyways he plays Kronk in the Emperor's new groove, but he won't shut up and it drives me crazy and then when I tell him to stop after like 10 times THATS when I get frustrated and move to another room.
I heard once that the average adult in America reads less than 5 books a year while the average American executive reads about 5 books a month. Just a fascinating fact that is sorta related to your blog.
Post a Comment