Saturday, January 2, 2010

Gotta Share

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping. Nothing traumatic in that BUT.....
I told Amy to pick out two packages of bacon - 2 for 1 special, and as she started to look as then she noticed it had "pork" on the label ans said "ooh, it is pork." We all looked at her dumbfounded and said, "bacon is pork" in stereo and disbelief that our smart daughter has such a brain fart to forget where bacon, her favorite food, came from!!!

Today, We went to PawPaws to take him to lunch. I asked him if he was hungry and he said sullenly, "yeeaahh." I then said "I hope Hooters okay?" and he said "YYEEAAHH! OOOHH I'M HUUN-GRAY!" and hopped up out of his chair like someone had put a hot poker to his butt. That is a major achievement for an 87 year old geezer.

Sadly, we got to Hooters to find that the signs were gone and the place was closed, open no more, departed this world, at this location. The dejected look on his face was so sad to see. So we went to Rudi Lechner's a truly German Experience. Mom will have to go there once to get their German Potato Salad. She'll LOVE it!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love it. There might be snow on the top, but there is still fire in his heart.

Theresa said...

that is pretty funny. Seriously, Amy?