Remember, I was too tired to cut my son's hair. So last night I relented to cut his hair after he had finished homeowrk. After all it was the least I could do after being 30 minutes late to pick him up from school.
He set it all up, I attached the trimmer guide for 1 inch and attacked his head.
We cleaned up. He showered and then went to his room.
I then hear something banging away. I go into his room to find him hitting his pillow.
I asked what was wrong and he says "nothing"
"Well, something must be wrong for such a noise to be created. What is wrong?"
He mumbled, "I don't like my hair."
"Why?"
"It is too short."
"Wait. You ASKED me to cut it to 1 inch!"
"I know and I'm mad because it is too short. And all the girls told me not to cut my hair short today. Carlos is going to make fun of me. I'm mad."
I apologized but then had to say "Dude, it is just hair. It will grow back."
He looked at me like I had lost my mind. So then I said "Whatever. Just go to sleep."
He was still upset this morning, especially as I woke him at 5:30 am to get ready for Ash Wednesday Service.
He cooled down but then got riled up after the ashes because mine was cross shaped and his was just a smear.
I think it is hormones. He will be 14 in 10 days. Whoopee!
3 comments:
Holy shit! I remember going to school one day (Just one single day) with my hair ridiculously frizzy curly. I had curled my hair as tightly as I could with those pink foam rollers and let it dry all night. When I took the rollers out in the morning, I looked like a white girl with an afro- and I mean a ridiculous afro. So I tried to comb it out, but that just made it frizzier. At that point, I didn't have time to wash it out so I went to the bus stop and a guy at the bus stop said (and I'll never forget it), "Whoa! Looks like you got in a fight with a curling iron!" And then all the other kids (older kids) laughed. Damn, sixth grade sucked. So, even though it was one day, that hair incident lives on.
I do really feel for Colt - but Theresa - that is one of the funniest stories I have heard in awhile!
Unfortunately, it is 100% true.
Post a Comment