Just tired and busy. Vernon and I got very little sleep on the retreat this past weekend. And I can say that my daughter got our sleep since she went to bed Saturday night at 9 pm and was then woken up by Grandma at 12:15 pm Sunday. She was pretty chipper when we got home.
Thank goodness it was President's Day Monday. It gave the kids a chance to catch up on a load of homework given out Friday.
And Vernon and I went to work. All Day. and half the evening. I did not get home until 7:30 last night. Good thing there was no CCE.
I made the kids deviate from my menu to make baked potatoes with the kitchen sink - or whatever they wanted on the potato.
Colt was still doing homework so we had to omit his haircut. It was 9:00 and I was just not up to dragging out the clippers and shearing the boy. Pissed him off. And then he realized his new shirts Grandma got him were still in the dryer from Sunday. Pissed him off even more. Especially when I yelled "Get to bed!" at 9:15 when he was still wandering around upstairs. Yup, that was one pissed off boy.
Do I feel bad about it??
What! Are you kidding me - NO! He had been home all day. He could have checked the dryer when he knew the shirt had been washed the night before. Critical thinking skills are needed in the genius.
So, here we are at work Tuesday Morning - FAT TUESDAY. So pig out people - Lent starts tomorrow. Ash Wednesday it is and Amy wants to get marked or ashed or smeared - with ashes. I will have to see when services are and plan to take her.
I am considering making the family say a rosary every Friday. Great idea from my childhood - Thanks, Mom!
P.S. Okay - I admit it - it has taken me 6 times to edit all the typos and grammar errors.
5 comments:
Mom made us say the rosary every night during lent one year. It wasn't horrible, but I certainly remember it. Our church sent out another little book with daily reflections and readings for lent like they did for Advent. I'm thrilled beyond measure! It worked out so well for advent and helped me really embrace the season and what it is about. Love you.
I kept telling him to do his homework while he was here last weekend; but he preferred to go out and dig up worms and bugs. He told me he was bored, and I told him he could do homework. Not my fault he had to do so much on Monday.
we could go to liturgy of the word at 6:30 am and get ashes it says. If we can't make it, can we just burn our palms and home and you can mark me? PLEEEEZ??? We haven't done it in forever and I'm really psyched about it!
6:30 it is - be ready!! Colt has to be picked up from school - don't be looking for him.
I loved family rosary nights. I remember Dad did the main part and we all said the rest. This is actually one of the "Maria Stories" I tell Alexa. She has my novena book and she got a rosary she picked out for Christmas one year. Maybe I will actually teach her to say the rosary during Lent.
Post a Comment