Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Night

Tuesday was my first night shift in , oh, let's see, 21 years!

Gosh that makes me sound so old. Shut up, Theresa.

It was surprisingly easier than I though it would be. But compared to what I used to manage with 12 patients - 4 patients was a bit slower and more manageable.

I had time on my hands to review policies and procedures.

The Manager asked me this morning if I managed okay, she was truly so sincere and apologetic. I tried to reassure her that this was wonderful.

I felt sleepy @ 4 am and walked the floor to wake myself up.

Then I learned how to run a 12 lead EKG.

Care plans are something I need to work on and I am having trouble putting them in a manner for the other staff to manage.

Sleeping during the day is a bit of a change. I went to bed at 9 am and laid there for a while. Got up before the alarm when Colt got home at 3:30 pm.

Dinner is cooking and then I am back out the door at 6 PM.

La Familia seems to be coping well. Big dog is loving being outside all day. And I have the other furry children walking all over me throughout the day - quietly checking on me as I slumber.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Yay for you! Glad you're enjoying it, old lady.

Amy said...

the other furry children not named Minnie are allowed in your room during the day? shocking.