Friday, December 12, 2008

Lost Phones

Joy, oh Joy! Amy called yesterday afternoon to tell me someone stole her cell phone. She had it yesterday morning and when she went to get it out of her messenger bag after school it was gone. The only time she left it alone was when they had practice for the concert last night. Questions abound - truth or lie? Was it taken away because she was using it during school? Did it fall out? Was it really stolen? (See what a little lie gets you - remember the toothbrushing lie?) By the time she called me the school had already closed. I called T-Mobile and had the account suspended for both text and all calls. But now where is the phone? It will cost me minimum $60 to get a replacement phone and if I do not reactivate the number within 30 days I have to pay a major contract early termination fee. So I will obviously replace it but I'm not sure I'll give it to her. I may give her Vernon's crappola phone that need to be replaced anyway.
The next part is to teach my child where to store her phone. The outer pocket of a messenger bag is not the place for either a phone or her wallet(which only contains her student ID). How do you teach a child common sense??

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Recipe for Common Sense: Send them into the wilderness for a week with nothing.

Joan said...

when you get home, I need you to read something. You and Dad both.