Tuesday, December 23, 2008

May I have some more, please?

My husband was in heaven yesterday. Despite having his groin shaved and needles stuck in him, he felt wonderful due to the drug Versed. The truth serum allowed my children to have the most fun with him asking all kinds of questions that he might not normally answer. Amy and Colt were rolling on the floor with laughter at the hospital while their Dad was recovering from the procedure. I don't think he remembers much of the Q & A session, but the kids will for a long time. When it was time to go home, Vernon kept asking for a goodie bag of Versed for home use, needless to say they turned him down.
Thnigs are back to normal today with me at work and the school people off on Winter Break, supposed to be cleaning the house. Although, more than likely, they are goofing off. Gotta' love 'em - They are my darlings!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You must share some of the Q&A! Wish I could have heard some of that. Glad all went well! We thought about you all day long.

Joan said...

One of the questions was, "Dad, What are you afraid of?" Vernon's reply, "I am afraid that life as I know it is the dream of another being and that if they awake my life is over." Too existential for me. Colt will have to get back to you on the other stuff.
Vernon was also entertaining us with the song "I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, You've got a brand new key...."