Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weepy Eyes - What a Mess!

How embarrassing, I get a gift and I cry. I am watching my Godson get baptized as I struggle to hold back the tears.
Both of these are examples of my poor dysfunctional eyes. I seem to tear up at the even mildly emotional moments of my life. I asked my Mom why and she thinks it is because I am used to giving and not receiving. I suppose there is some truth in that statement. But I have also found that as I get older I treasure the Kodak moments more and I really appreciate the blessed moments of my life.
When I was younger, ie - before I had children, I could watch Steel Magnolias and not cry. But now, I drop my daughter off for her first dress-up dance and tears are running down my face. I hug my mom or sisters and feel my throat closing up. I think of simple but sweet moments and find I could start crying over the beauty of the moment or sadness of a lost opportunity.
I must say I even embarrassed myself with my dear sister-in-law when she called to tell me something and I blubbered like a baby and she ended up soothing me - which only made it worse - instead of me soothing her.
Pretty pitiful overall for a cancer nurse. Maybe it is from all those years of taking care of the dying patient that I realize how brief our lives really are - Huh?
What do you all think??


Here is a picture of the Blessed Moment I participated in today.



Thank you Chuck and Theresa for the honor of being Godmother to your dear son, George.

And then, of course, we have the antidote for weepy eyes. A picture of a smile as interpreted by Luke.



What a Charmer!!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

It was an honor that you said yes. Love you!

Amy said...

gosh, you're cheesy... BUT I LOVE YOU!!!!

Ashley said...

awwww
lol there are only a few things that make me cry.

and right now i happen to be crying because Kim my friend that lives down the street's mom hates me because i am a "bad influence" on her daughter...because I wear black...she blames Kim wearing black on me
she blames her disrespecting her mom on me and it's actually not! Gosh all I do is constantly try to help kim behave and nowadays kim actually is good and cleaned her whole apartment today and her mom said she was going to send her to her grandma's for the summer because she wasn't behaving... =[

ashey said...

aye kim's not going i dont think still not sure though