Monday, June 1, 2009

Finals Week

This is the last week of school. And I must admit a bit of anxiety about the 9th grader.
Amy reports that she does not have to attend school on Wednesday as she is exempting out of her finals for that day. Exempting due to passing the TAKS in English and Math and by choice in World Geography. But I'm not really sure I believe the ability to pass over THREE final exams.
Today, she is taking her Spanish and Biology Exams and tomorrow is the AAS (i have no idea what AAS stands for - Amy?). Wednesday would have been English.
I think I am going to have to call the school to soothe my frazzled mind and reassure myself she is correct. Sorry about that, Amy.

You will all be pleased to know that the Mountain Dew is not a normal item in my house. She was a bit over the edge with the Dew.

On a sad note in our house......



Rafael Nadal lost in the third round at the French Open. Really, it was s big deal to the Tennis fans.

On a bright note......




The Red Wings won the second game in the Stanley Cup Finals and are leading the series 2-0 over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Go Red Wings!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

AAS stands for Advanced Academic Strategies and it's basically a blow off class.

Amy said...

One other thing: Rafa was due to lose sometime or another. It's just a shame he lost and coldn't make a record. :( Oh, and GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!