Tuesday, August 4, 2009

National Neighbors Night Out

Okay, I admit it, I am a hermit. This whole thing about meeting your neighbors is just kinda' creepy to me. That is what I have a spousal unit for - to meet all those friendly folks out there and just let me chill indoors.

Tonight, our neighborhood is going to be out of their houses roaming the streets. My neighbors will think I am a figment of my families imagination since I will, Once again - hooray, not be there to participate.

I have my oncology nursing group meeting tonight. I'll be rolling back home @ 9PM - just in time to see what kind of mess people have left in the streets.

Really, these people get all fired up about talking to each other. It is not my cup of tea. Maybe it is because I am talking all day long at work.

I am the oddball here and I know it.

When we had the sinkhole after Hurricane Ike - I just cringed when someone would walk up to the yard and want to talk about it, and then what damage they had heard about, and then how I could fix the sinkhole.

I also have the boy who can talk to anybody about anything.

Sorry, Amy, you are on your own tonight.

3 comments:

Ashes said...

thts awkward I wouldn't do it. I'd be like if my neighbors wanted to know who I am they could've done it before tonight haha so have fun not doing that lol

Theresa said...

you're such a dork. get over yourself. when did you turn into such a hermit? you weren't always like this. it wouldn't be so awkward if you were friendlier the rest of the year.

Mary said...

I agree though that that one night is kinda weird. If you want to know your neighbors wouldn't you anyway?