Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's a Shame

My eyes started watering yesterday afternoon. I was flummoxed as to what was happening. Just all of sudden, the tears started building and falling out over the edge of my eye, too much for the tear ducts to handle.

My lovely co-worker, Shontan, came to the back of the office to ask me some question and immediately stopped and asked what is wrong.

I said to her, "I'm not sure my eyes just won't stop watering!"

We moved on the the business at hand, then she asked what that smell was. Had I put out some branches or sprayed some scent? I told her no, with a smile, and pointed to the Renuzit Gel Scents of pine and Christmas.

She looked at me and asked me if i had lost my mind. Then she took me to task, as she knows me so well and said "It's that gel thing that is irritating your eyes."

*shit* was my first thought because I really love that smell.

*crap* was my second thought as I walked the offending odor to the other side of the room.

I love scents, especially when they don't irritate my allergies. But, alas, another scent banned from my immediate vicinity, *crap*.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

That's some funny stuff!

Mom said...

That's why I changed from a real tree to n artificial tree. When people asked me if I wanted to buy the scent, I obviously said no.