Friday, January 29, 2010

Alert - Vacation Needed!

School has been back in session for 3 weeks and already the tribe is getting restless and that is with the 18th as a no school day.

January must be the time to really kick everybody's butt with homework and class preparation.

Colt has his solo and ensemble competition tomorrow. Amy has her's next Saturday. Vernon has tests to grade and lesson plans to do.

The test results for this week were dismal to say the least and for two kids used to getting A's, this has been devastating.

The mood in my house is grim.

Comfort foods are in abundance to stimulate endorphins. I am smiling and being as reassuring as I can to the downtrodden. I just need some sunshine to boost the moods of the tortured.

I keep telling them they have another day off on February 15th - President's Day - just two weeks away.

To top it off Amy has a killer cold and Colt looks like he has a hickey mustache from pulling his upper lip in his mouth with his teeth.

Out of self preservation I do not mention I will be on vacation from the 19th to the 26th of February - that would just be cruel.

Positive note here - It is going to be COLD this weekend!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hang in there everyone and enjoy the cold - it will be gone before you know it. I am kinda hoping for snow this weekend!