Thursday, November 13, 2008

Funny Words

Colt asked me this morning if he could get on the todawber. And that brought to mind the interesting word forms we have created within our home.
"Todawber" a 2 years old's word for computer, it took my forever to figure out what he wanted. This came from a child who had no problems using words at age 2 like fantastic, exactly, and exciting.
"computerber" as pronounced by his sister for same computer,
"frigifer" the refrigerator
"alice" a little dyslexic pronunciation of lettuce
"eldabow" an old elbow on a small child's body

I know there are more and this is a challenge to my children to remember and add to this post all they can remember on behalf of their forgetful mom and dad.

2 comments:

Mary said...

We have "mazagine" for "magazine". I think Alexa really thinks it sounds right. I am almost there as well now as half the time I do not even correct her. It even almost looks right when I spell it. I had to pronounce it out loud as I wrote this to see which was correct.

Joan said...

Didn't she also say McUpDonalds?