Used to be that Vernon would get upset with the amount of time I would spend at work caring for sick people. He could never understand why I couldn't just walk out at 5 pm. Oh How the times have changed. God Bless my husband! Now that he is a school teacher he spends inordinate amounts of time grading and sorting and preparing for classes. The special efforts he goes to are nothing short of amazing. If only one of these kids knew what work he puts into each and every class it would be astounding. Our roles have kind of reversed, now I'm the one leaving work at 5 PM. Vernon was working until 8Pm to night. School lets out at 2:45 PM. If we factor in what he makes on an hourly basis, he gets less than minimum wage.
I sure wish I made enough for him to stay at home and be my house elf!
No comments:
Post a Comment