Tuesday, March 10, 2009

100th Post!!!

So what shall it be today?
How about we talk about how much I dislike Reconciliation? I'm sure other people don't like confession either.
I do feel better after 'fessing up to my mistakes and unloving actions. But the whole aspect of telling it to some guy called a priest is the unsettling aspect. I really have a hard time thinking that they won't remember what I said in the confessional. After all they are human too.
I wish the old "hide in a hole" confessionals were still available. With the sliding panel in the dark with the soft whisper of God's voice soothing my shame and praying with me.
As you know it is Lent and our church is having it's communal penance service tonight. Ugh! I guess I should go if to be nothing more than a good example for my kiddos and to also get that forgiven feeling back again.

2 comments:

Joan said...

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" starting with mine. Amy and Colt were still working on homework at 7pm so I just couldn't justify going to church. We will have to try for a Saturday AM confession.

Theresa said...

hate confession.