The pollen is a yucky and yellow haze that is adhering to my car. Makes my eyes water and my nose run just to think about it.
Why do they call it a building - it is already built. Same thing with Parking Lots - You've parked or are at park, not usually active parking, the majority of the time the car is there it is parked.
Nail polish I like is not being made anymore. I paint my nails so irregularly that I don't buy much nail polish, so I went to buy some of the Revlon Colorstay two step packs and no one has it anymore. Apparently no one liked it as much as I did. Not that I paint my nails a lot but at times when I can grow them and I am not down in the dirt or grunge I do have some nails that do look nice when painted. But I am essentially a lazy person so I want something that gets done and lasts for at least 5-7 days without reapplying. Colorstay did that and alas it is now gone. Whatever shall I do after I run out of what I have?
I have found myself discussing God a bit this week. Mostly from a standpoint of death and what comes after this life. A couple of my patients are on hospice and it just leads to spiritual discussions. I am so moved by the gratitude of these people by the smallest thing that we, our office, do for them. I am often asked about my beliefs. Am I afraid to die? I answer as honestly as I can, that No, I am not afraid to die. What I am afraid of is leaving my family and especially, my children behind. Do I believe in reincarnation? no, one soul, one body. Do I think people can see the departed while still in the human world? Yes, but only if they are approaching the transistion to the next world, like dying. What do I think it will be like? peaceful, with a welcoming party of those who have died before me. A great fantastic reception, with no pain, no suffering, and no grief. What a place to be when you have just died.
Okay, enough existentialism. Sunny day with no breeze to blow pollen up my nose, I am looking forward to going home and spending time with my family. Maybe have a drink, although last night I had a hard cider and ended up sawing logs on the sofa through Criminal Minds. Bummer! And I need to get Amy to add something to the blog for all of you out there. Happy Thursday!
4 comments:
I think people can see spirits even if they aren't about to enter the next world.
Have you ever heard that explanation about dying from a doctor to a patient? The patient asks if the doctor is afraid of dying. The doctor says no. To illustrate his point he puts his dog in the next room behind a closed door. The dog paws at the door and barks that he wants to go with the doctor. The doctor says that he is like the dog. He doesn't know what the next world is like, just as the dog doesn't know what is behind the door, but the doctor says the dog knows his master is behind that door and he wants to be with his master. The doctor says it is the same with death. He doesn't know what death is like, but he knows his master (God) is waiting for him in death. That's the gist of it, but I'm sure there is a full version of it out there. I find that explanation very comforting.
Here it is:
A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, “Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side.”
Very quietly, the doctor said, “I don’t know.”
“You don’t know? You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other side?”
The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room, and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.
Turning to the patient, the doctor said, “Did you notice my dog? He’s never been in this room before. He didn’t know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear. I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing, I know my Master is there and that is enough.”
~Author Unknown~
Okay, maybe some people can see spirits, I just haven't met any I didn't think weren't already nuts.
I have heard that story - thanks for the actual story - and I have to say that it must be good on the other side because everyone who has had a NDE(near death experience) talks about the peacecul feeling and the reuniting with the deceased. That give me comfort that so many of the special people I have had the honr to aid through that dying process will be there to say "Joan! What took you so long?" with a big hug of welcome.
Well, let's hope you get to help many, many more people before being greeted on the other side.
Post a Comment