A small blog about our family living in the big city. We manage to keep ourselves busy with school and church. Throw in the occasional event and we are non-stop.
Friday, March 27, 2009
TV quote for the Older viewer
Two people standing in a corn field, "We salute Cut-N-Shoot, Texas, population 1,158."
Many other people stand up and wave their hats saying "SAAAAA - LUTE!"
Another hint - "song" "Where, O where are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love, but you'd met another and 'thphphph' you were gone."
I need to post just so I can use the word verification that I can read easily. Seriously, do you have a lot of computers trying to post on your blog that you think you need a word verification. I usually can't read those things, but this one is "sessess"
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Hee- Haw it is. It is one of the longest running shows. Sadly, no longer on the air. You are old enough to remember that show, Ms Smarty Pants!
Joan! I was TWO years old when that was on TV. I barely remember my braces - no way I'm going to remember quotes from Hee Haw! And, by the way, it wasn't such a fabulous show since you don't see it in syndication ANYWHERE.
Okay, man oh man, you really should remember the song since we all sing it every now and then we the kids are all together. And the show is still in syndication, just like Lawrence Welk. Still, ask you husband the clues and I'm betting he will know this one.
How is this for sad this has been the highlight of my day, so far!! Hi ya' Mary. Have you had a long day? I will always be older than you - so relax, you youngun'
Talking to Amy really puts my age into perspective. I was talking to some of the runners in my office today (who are in the copy room). they asked if they could help me and I said, "No. Just making copies." I cracked a smile and repeated "Makin' Copies" Like the "making copies guy" on snl. they had no idea what i was doing and looked at me like i was crazy. i explained the making copies guy played by rob schneider and they still had blank looks on their faces. I'm officially old. Not hip, not cool. Just a soccer mom in a mini van.
Well, I feel a little better. I knew about EMO before Amy posted about it - but only because the researcher in our office (young Australian guy) told me Amy was an EMO when I told him the kind of music she likes. There is no way in hell anyone in my office would know about Hee-Haw and I am certainly not going to emlighten them.
17 comments:
Was that the Miss America Pageant?
C'mon. Pick something easy like "Where's the Beef?"
Is that your guess?
I am so disappointed. It was a show for all ages. Ask your spousal unit, maybe he knows.
Another quote from the same show
"Empty Arms Hotel. How may we serve you?"
Another hint -
"song"
"Where, O where are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love,
but you'd met another and 'thphphph' you were gone."
Are we related? I don't know any of this stuff. I'll ask Chuck, but I doubt he knows. I'm old, but I'm not as old as you! Ha, ha!
Hee-Haw!!!!! I knew it - that's where I learned to play the spoons.
I guess that makes me old...
I need to post just so I can use the word verification that I can read easily. Seriously, do you have a lot of computers trying to post on your blog that you think you need a word verification. I usually can't read those things, but this one is "sessess"
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
Hee- Haw it is.
It is one of the longest running shows. Sadly, no longer on the air. You are old enough to remember that show, Ms Smarty Pants!
Joan! I was TWO years old when that was on TV. I barely remember my braces - no way I'm going to remember quotes from Hee Haw! And, by the way, it wasn't such a fabulous show since you don't see it in syndication ANYWHERE.
Okay, I guess we are related because I typed up my last post before I read your last post. Creepy weird!
Okay, man oh man, you really should remember the song since we all sing it every now and then we the kids are all together. And the show is still in syndication, just like Lawrence Welk.
Still, ask you husband the clues and I'm betting he will know this one.
How is this for sad this has been the highlight of my day, so far!! Hi ya' Mary. Have you had a long day?
I will always be older than you - so relax, you youngun'
Talking to Amy really puts my age into perspective. I was talking to some of the runners in my office today (who are in the copy room). they asked if they could help me and I said, "No. Just making copies." I cracked a smile and repeated "Makin' Copies" Like the "making copies guy" on snl. they had no idea what i was doing and looked at me like i was crazy. i explained the making copies guy played by rob schneider and they still had blank looks on their faces. I'm officially old. Not hip, not cool. Just a soccer mom in a mini van.
Well, I feel a little better. I knew about EMO before Amy posted about it - but only because the researcher in our office (young Australian guy) told me Amy was an EMO when I told him the kind of music she likes. There is no way in hell anyone in my office would know about Hee-Haw and I am certainly not going to emlighten them.
ENlighten, Aunt Mary, not EMlighten. heehee... sry
Post a Comment