Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Got Your Beads On?

Today is Fat Tuesday of Mardi Gras or Shrove Tuesday . The last day before the Lenten Season begins. I've got my beads on and plan to totally pig out tonight eating decadent foods that I don't usually eat - brownies, ice cream, nachos, and maybe a bit of alcohol. Definitely some tea - Tea? yes, tea, as I am giving up that essential of tea for Lent. I probably have 4-6 cups of tea a day, that includes black tea and herbal tea. My kids are not quite so committed and gasped when I told them my choice. They have not quite decided what they will be doing for Lent. Vernon, in true Vernon fashion has decided to collect Lint for Lent - from the source of all lint, his belly button. GROSS!!!
I am going to try to make rosaries for my CCE class as well.
I don't think I'm going to make the Ash Wednesday marking ceremony at 6:30 am, it is a bit too early for me.
Amy has challenged me to do some different kind of meatless meals as she hates fishsticks and I am not serving Short George Goldens (Long John Silvers) every Friday. I'm doing cheese enchiladas tomorrow and a seafood salad with tropical smoothies for Friday.
I do miss the ponczkis my Grandma Kurzy used to make and think about it every year, but it will have to be as I am not up to making 12 dozen deep fried Polish donuts.
What are you doing for Lent?

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I can't believe it's already time for lent. I have every intention of reading verses from the Bible every day. I have one of those Books that breaks the bible up into verses for each day of the year. I tried it last year and failed. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again . . .

Joan said...

Ask Mom about the "Hear the New Testament in Lent" CD she got at church. You can listen in the car. Everyone was given one at church last week as a gift from the Cardinal. For 28 minutes every day you will be read the New Testament and apparently hear it all before Easter Sunday.

Mary said...

You are both better than me. I can't believe it is Fat Tuesday and I am still at work at 8:20 PM. Well I am off to see what I can pick up at the store to stuff into my face tonight. Have fun!