I am a mom, that means I do "Mom" things. Like, spitting on a tissue to clean a child's face. Or wiping a butt when my kids were little - "Can you wipe my butt?" calling out for sweet assistance.
Now the teenage years have reared their ugly head. I have to exfoliate and clean acne laden skin surfaces. Curses on hormones and bacteria!!
Does that mean popping those white heads? Of course, what mother can resist removing the pustules from within the small bump we call a ZIT?
Why not let it fester? Because it can lead to cysts and deep scarring.
Does it hurt? Crap, Yes!
I remember my own sweet loving mother (Hi, Mom!) doing the ugly routine on my face and back. The sad fact is it has to be done. And with perseverance, exfoliation, some salicylic acid wash and a little benzoyl peroxide, the skin of a teenager can be restored to a smooth soft glowing surface.
We joke about it but I hope my children do know it is done with love and concern in an attempt to spare them embarrassment and humiliation from acne name calling.
1 comment:
Acne sucks. I've got a great big one staring back at all my co-workers.
Post a Comment