Thursday, February 26, 2009

Missing & Pondering

Because of Wednesday morning's incident on the bus, I missed the entire first period. I really am not worried about my grade in Spanish III, but I hate the fact that I missed a whole lesson. Luckily, for me, the AMC 10, (some fancy test that I have no idea what's for), was that same morning, so about half the class wasn't there. So, today, Senor, (should be a tilde (squiggly thingy of the N)), Stephen retaught the lesson from yesterday. Unfortunately, I have a whole packet of Spanish to do and then a page out of the workbook. I probably sound like a dork, professing how much I wish I'd been in class yesterday, but that's just me. Oh, well.


On a happier note, I have found an AMAY-ZAH-ZING, (yes, that's how I pronounce it), rock band that just released their first CD last November. They don't have any cuss words, I am happy to announce, (for all of you peeps out there worried about how my music affects me *cough, cough, MOM, cough*). They are called FRAMING HANLEY!!!! Here's a place where you can listen to some of their awesomicle, (sounds like popsicle, and yes, I say it like that), music.


http://www.purevolume.com/framinghanley


Every time I get on the Internet, this is usually my first stop, if not my email or this blog. PLEASE ENJOY!!!


On another note, (I swear, there must be post-it notes scattered across my mind), I've lately had some eyes on me. Boys eyes. It kinda scares me, cause I'm not one that usually gets their attention in such a way, but there you go. It may just be me hoping to much, but IDK, (JILL).
At cello rehearsals after school, I was sitting out in the hall with some of my cello buddies, waiting for my rehearsal to start, (she goes by periods), and the oh-so-handsome Collin, (the guy I wanted to ask to Sadie Hawkins), walked out from the end of his rehearsal. I waved at him and then went back to working on my study guide. But I noticed that he kinda stood there, looking down at me for a moment longer and then left. It seemed to me that he wanted to talk to me about something, but just couldn't, so he left. Anyway, later on, right before we went in to rehearse, (I wonder how many times I'm gonna use that), I was working on making a knotted rosary because I was done with my homework. I looked over to the door and saw that Jacob, (who rarely shows up to rehearsal, and did this one rare time), was watching me make a knot. He saw me look at him and glanced away and then back and said "Sorry." I was kinda shocked cause Jacob's sorta narcissistic and doesn't really do that kinda thing. Weird..... And then the final guy, named Chad, who used to be in my Spanish class and got a schedule change, has been passing me in the hallways and staring at me. It's kinda funny, I guess. IDK if I'm really wishing on a star that these are true or not, but you guys tell me what you think.



Back to Spanish!!! AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT FRAMING HANLEY!!!!



Lots of love!!! <3 <3 <3

6 comments:

Mary said...

Amy - I just love your blogs! They make me smile and feel good. I will write more tonight when I get home - but thanks for starting my day off with a feel good smile.

Theresa said...

I like them too! Way to go. Next time you see the guys staring at you, just start talking to them - it will make them feel more comfortable. It is awkward at first, but once you start a conversation and find something out about them you have an opening for the next time you see them. For example my friend Mike had a locker next to me for three years (alphabetical order) before I bothered to talk to him when he sat next to me during our LSAT and I asked him if he was going to the football game that night. He informed me that he was a football player so of course he would be there. DOH! Well, the next week I asked him about the game and then we became friends and we still are. His wife regularly reads my blog. So, I encourage you to just be friendly. If they don't want to be friends then no loss to you. Otherwise, just enjoy the attention. Oh, and make sure you don't have a booger hanging out of your nose or something like that - that kind of thing will make the boys stare too!

Theresa said...

Okay,girl. I like Framing Henley, BUT, I already heard a cuss word, but just a minor one.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

If you heard a cuss word in Lollipop, that's cuz it's not their original song. They remade the song from Lil' Wayne. it was the a-word, huh? Sorry!

Mary said...

Hey Amy - I think Aunt Theresa said it all. I agree with just taking that next step of saying something to make them feel comfortable - that is if you want more attention from them. Otherwise, you can just smile and look away a be mysterious. Either way - enjoy it!
I like Framing Hanley too. Thanks for the suggestion.