It was inevitable, really, I did it when I was young and older, and we know they did it when they were younger. So why should we be surprised that they do it now.
Sleepwalking has made a comeback. My ever tired husband went to bed at 2 AM and turned off the computer and power strip. This morning when he got up at 4:20 AM the dang thing was back on and logged in to my son. No activity, just logged in. The boy can't remember turning it on, he only remembers seeing the orange sleep light on and then jiggling to wake the computer. He states he had to get water at 3 AM and low and behold he was already on!
Vernon is freaked out, projecting that the boy will walk out of the house in the middle of the night. If I could just convince my husband that if we all went to bed at the same time some of this paranoia would be averted.
To top it off we found, *GASP*, an unfamiliar pair of pliers on the homework table! No one remembers bringing it in or how long they could have been in the house. I vaguely recall tools left behind last summer after we had some repairs done and finding it in the yard. I'm sure we brought the stuff in to the house. I mean, why would we leave it outside? Where someone sets it down in here is totally random. The homework table hasn't seen the light of day in several months. The pliers have , I'm sure, been sitting there since someone put them there. No mystery of "Did someone break into the house?" "Who is letting strangers into my house?" "Why is the world lying to me?"
The other option is Vernon is sleepwalking or simple unconscious. Which is completely feasible given that he only gets 2-4 hours sleep every night. I would be completely bonkers if that were me. You wouldn't know what my house would contain or look like!
No comments:
Post a Comment