Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How Do I Look?

"That lady in blue with gray hair." This is how I was described by another altar server when I had to remind them they left something on the altar while I was in the Communion line. Amy had to look and tell him "That's my mom!"
Today I went without makeup since I had the nuclear treadmill test and everyone told me how sweaty I was going to get. I thought 'screw it! i don't want to mess with makeup running off my face' so I went NAKED!! Then due to the compulsive hard worker that I am, I went to work to find the change of clothes that I packed had gotten soaked from a bottle of water I had thrown in. Luckily, I was able to hang them to dry while I went for the treadmill and the pants and shirt had at least dried by the time I got back. Anyway, today I had to deal with people asking me if I felt okay, because 1. my face was blotchy, 2. my face was pale, 3. my lips were white, 4. you look tired, 5. are you okay?, 6. did you get something in your eyes?, etc and I work with 3 other people in my office. I get it!! I look bad today.
As Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow's another day." And so it is.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

That is hilarious! I've been there! But seriously, you should color your hair. It makes you look old. (This is what you get from a sister who is not afraid to tell you the truth.)

Joan said...

Yeah, but coloring hair is such a hassle and I really like my gray hair, it is thicker. I have better things to do with my time....
Besides, what really makes me look old is standing next to my husband!

Mary said...

Coloring your hair will not make your hair thinner.