I admire my sisters and sister-in-laws for handling all that they do on a daily basis.
I have two kids who are in middle school and high school. They have more homework than I ever had (I think). My two help me with daily animal care, household chores, and general "can somebody get that?" Amy and Colt sort their own laundry and help run loads and fold clothes. They don't much cook but are able to feed themselves if needed. They clean the kitchen and put the dishes away. They clean their own rooms. They do all their own personal hygiene.
My sisters have smaller, more needy kids. I had that too at one time but I cannot imagine doing that over. Bathing babies, feeding and cleaning the fed, dressing and brushing. On top of all that comes daycare duty, diaper duty, dance class, sports, and other social obligations. Then we add in the job, career, professional stuff that we all do Monday- Friday. And of course, the normal household chores that beckon night and day for attention.
I'm sure my sweet super-mom sisters and sisters-in-laws might disagree but I have the utmost respect and admiration for them and all they accomplish. I can't imagine trying to do all that they do on a daily basis.
3 comments:
Joan, you are so sweet - but you did the same thing. And truly, I cannot take any credit right now as Richard is doing everything!
I think your job is infinitely harder trying to stay involved on a daily basis with what your family is managing now. Richard is doing the hands on but don't discredit what you do from far away.
I think our older ones are easier from the aspect of physical care but harder from the emotional and intellectual standpoint. We are required to be "smarter" than them by knowing when to set limits and when to push them to their potential, and when to just hug them with love. I get more emotional now than I ever did when they were little. That emotion seems to wear me out more - or maybe I'm just getting older and more sentimental.;-)
Good gracious - Your hormones are more out of whack than mine! As for the post, thanks and right back at ya'. I totally admire the fact that you deal with other people's nasty orifices every day - yick.
Post a Comment