I know I am not a morning person, but I don't think that is a reason to treat me like I am brain dead.
Yesterday, Amy did not get to school until 8:15am, she completely missed 1st period, so we got an automated call from the school that "our 9th grade student Amy Burnham was absent from 1st period on Wednesday". Amy was told that the administrative office would send out an email to the teachers for the whole busload of students to excuse them from 1st period.
My husband apparently thinks that I am not with it enough to remember our conversation when we heard the message that I am going to call the school this morning to clear it up and assure that Amy does not get dinged for the bus problems. SO he reminded me this morning about the message, then proceeded to instruct me to call the school....this morning....can you do that?
Uh, how do I dial a phone? This morning, like AM, or would it be okay if I call at noon, or maybe 2 pm? Wait, I'm not sure I know how to tell time.
DO YOU RECALL I ALREADY AGREED TO DO THIS?! It is 6AM, I'll call when I get to work. I'm taking her to school this morning.
Man, Oh Man, does it irritate me to be talked to like I'm an idiot. Needless to say, I did not say the above but rather said calmly, "Got it."
PS doesn't help that the monthly scourge started this morning.
2 comments:
Yes, you might be a bit more sensitive. I do the same stuff to Chuck, but he needs reminding.
Glad to see you are venting - I am so proud if you!
I think everyone hates to be talked to like that. I am sure he did not mean it that way though. But - just a thought - is there a reason he could not call if he was so concerned? Strike that - none of my business.
Post a Comment